Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress

Currently reading "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress".  While I would have to put an * with a side note stating it's a very blunt book and there are a couple of conversations, that while I can imagine having them with my sisters, I wouldn't want them published.  Nothing too over the top, but borderline cringe maybe?  That being said, I've really enjoyed the book so far (not quite finished, something about being a mom and house work and running kids places seems to infringe upon my reading time).  It's been interesting to me reading and mentally comparing the female Mennonite view point on life with the female Mormon outlook.  It seems that while they outwardly live a very strict religion, it's not that different from Mormonism, along with the same concerns and worries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment