Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Septimus Heap

I admit that the cover of the book is what caught my attention. We were in the Youth department at the book store, trying to find a book series for Brooke , when I spied a display of the Septimus Heap books. There are five total in the series, I just finished number two. They are written like a Harry Potter/ Fable Haven- not to deep, lots of symbolism, and excellent for your imagination. Completely kid appropriate (I'll probably use this as a read aloud for my kids this summer) and fun for adults too. **This is with the note that everyone reading this post knows that I like books that I can read and and enjoy, but that don't cause me to think too much. Reading is my hard earned reward at the end of the "motherhood" day. ****Not that I am shallow or anything, and I can choose to read those books if I want to, I just don't want to. ********And i think that anyone who does is simply amazing. and maybe they should raise one or two of my children. ***********************Or maybe three of them. Preferably one of them is the one not potty trained. just kidding. honest

2 comments:

  1. oh so now i'm interested!! Do you have the first book of the series? would it be possible to borrow it from you sometime. I actually just finished Eragon and am waiting for the next book to come in to the library. It was FABULOUS. I really enjoyed it. But I'm always on the lookout for new books. Thanks Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come over this weekend you can take book one and two home with you!

    ReplyDelete