Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nicholas Sparks

I ran out of reading material this weekend. I have read almost every book in the house, and the babysitter club books hiding under Brooke's bed just weren't sounding so interesting.

So I broke down.

I can see you now, doing the slow motion "Nooooo" scream at the computer screen. The scream that we all do when seeing the heroine of the movies walk down the dark hallway with only a rolled up newspaper as defense. Alas, like the heroine, I took that long dark walk.

I don't know if you've ever read Nicholas Sparks, but if you haven't- start the book with every expectation that in his world there are no happy endings. He believes in people finding their soul mate, an amazing person that they have been looking for their entire lives, and then he kills them off and leaves the person at the end of the book alone....again.

"The Gaurdian" and "The Notebook" were based on his books. All movies I will never see.

So here I sit, feeling sad that the world has so many people with such huge losses in their life. And I have now lost 6 hours of my life. And I have had my good cry for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment